Thursday, November 20, 2008

Running in the mist...

This morning was another cool one and with the different lakes and retention ponds in our neighborhood (as well as the pools) the air was cooler than the water... so there was a lot of rising mist. Luckily for me, my morning walk/run was not as ill fated as the poor gorillas (and DIane Fossey) in "Gorillas in the Midst" however! I did a 5 minute walk to warm up and then did a 1 minute run alternated with a 30 second walk for 10 minutes and then a 5 minute walk to cool down. Lots of stretching for my lovely calves to help with the shins. My left shin has some residual pain when you touch it and a little when I start running, so I will need to still take it easy with these runs. I'd rather not get a stress fracture anytime soon!

But, it really was a beautiful morning - the sky is clear and blue, the air is crisp, and with sweatpants, a hat, gloves, a shirt and a fleece it felt like 70 instead of the upper 30s/lower 40s! Tomorrow is supposed to be a swim day, but I haven't quite made it to the store to replace my errant goggles and it's supposed to be another chilly morning, so I may substitute a bike workout instead.... especially since I'm either coming down with a slight head cold or my sinuses are continuously upset with the chilly weather that warms up to around 70 each day. I don't want to tempt a cold to come on. But, it's still tempting to jump in the pool and swim even if it's not heated. We'll have to see what wins out tomorrow.

Ladybug did well with the potty training yesterday and yesterday evening and this morning ANGELFISH peed on the potty! She rocks! I just have to get Mr. Darcy to be more excited and act more like a cheerleader when she goes. Of course, such things lead to the girls catching me going to the bathroom and telling me, "You went pee pee in the potty Mommy! You're such a good girl! What a big girl you're getting to be! I'm so proud of you. Let me give you a hug and a kiss." (Literally. This happened 2 days ago.) All the while they're clapping and smiling - just like I do when they go. What more can we ask for? Hopefully a few less sofa surprises - last night I asked Ladybug if she needed to go potty and she tells me no. A few moments later she gets up to hug me and her pants were all wet along with a puddle on the sofa. I guess she didn't need to go because she already went on the sofa! Luckily we have leather sofas so it wasn't too hard to clean up... the parenthood adventure continues!

The girls are looking forward to this Saturday when we "go to Mickey Minnie house" with our friends "Audey," "Miss Jen" & "Mr. teve." Mr. Darcy and I are looking forward to a visit from our friends Steve & Jen & Audrey too!

Have a Happy Thursday, everyone! Friday is right around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment