Thursday, November 13, 2008

OUCH!

So, turns out that tomorrow is pool day on my training schedule (followed by a bike ride). Today was supposed to be a 5 minute walk followed by 10 minutes of alternating walking 60 seconds running 30 seconds and then a 5 minute cooldown. Well, I did a 25 minute walk and 5 minute cooldown due to my shin splints. I thought they wouldn't hurt too badly today since I had a little time off, but instead today my left leg decided to throb about 3/4 of the way. I was tempted to run a little bit because my music was so good, but I think my run lasted all of 20 seconds because it hurt too much. But, the good news is that it will heal. A little ice and advil will do wonders! I just hope I'm able to run by the time Turkey Trot comes on Thanksgiving. If not, I may just walk the 5K instead of running it.

On the potty training front, Ladybug has had a bit of a set back. Yesterday she had 4 potty accidents at school and this morning she peed all over our foyer while announcing that she was going pee rather gleefully (unfortunately we were in the kitchen and didn't get to her in time to get her to stop and sit on the potty for the rest of it). We ended up getting her to sit on the potty afterwards and then had to put her in a pull up because she kept saying that she wasn't going to tell anyone when she had to go pee. Not sure what we're supposed to do in these situations. I suppose we'll figure it out as we go (at least I sure hope so)!

I can't wait to swim tomorrow! It's hot here in ol' Florida!

No comments:

Post a Comment