Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I love to bike!

Yes, it is true. I love to bike! I never biked as a child really, and for the life of me I have no idea why. I learned to ride my cute little turquoise blue and white bike and got a few scrapes from falls on the rocky asphalt of the street that I lived on, but I never really did any bike riding. Even in college... I walked everywhere. Mr. Darcy loved his bike and rode it all over campus and in fact, Bill had to convince me to buy our bikes this past summer. And now I am addicted to riding! I love the sound and the feel of the wind as I bike and the fact that I enjoy the exertion as well as the scenery. For some reason, I don't feel the same way when running. With running it's just hard for me and I don't really notice the scenery other than to pick my next goal of what to run to so I can get through it.

So, as you might have guessed, today was a biking day for training. 40 minutes and probably about 10 miles in Big Gear 3 and Little Gear 4. I really should probably join a biking club so I can find out the right terminology for all these things... I just need to find one that is encouraging to newbies. Our neighbor told Mr. Darcy that the first time she did a road race people made fun of her because she had a kickstand on her bike and had left the little bag with the flat tire kit and pump on her bike. How encouraging is that? But I think I might try to find a group at some point... perhaps after the Teams in Training Triathlon in May. Focus on one thing at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment