Friday, January 9, 2009

Hittin' the Gym after a Gator Championship Win!

Well, to say the least, I didn't wake up early this morning to go for that bike ride. Nope... I lingered in bed until 6:30 am. Rather late for me, but after watching the Gators win the National Championship Game, I couldn't quite get moving earlier. It's GREAT TO BE A FLORIDA GATOR!

I may not have made it up early, but I did make it to the gym (in my Gator Championship t-shirt from 2007, might I add...). Since I was a bit behind on my morning, I only had time to do a 30 minute bike at level 5 (and level 3 heart rate) and then a 1/4 mile in the pool. It's a shame I didn't have more pool time today, though, because I was tearing it up! I love those swim days where you've just got good form, arm rotation and killer kicking. It actually gave me emotional pain to get out of the pool today - it was that good of a swim day. But, the good news is I swim again tomorrow so I'm looking forward to it. Of course, it will be a bit of a workout tomorrow morning... the set for tomorrow is 100m warm up, 1/4 mile swim, 40 minute bike, and 20 minute run. My shin splints are still lingering in my left leg, so I'm going to have to alternate a 3 minute run and 1 minute walk for the 20 minute run to try and take some pressure off of it, but I can do it.

Speaking of running, I have to say that I need to find a way to change my thought process about the running leg of the triathlon... because it really makes me nervous. For some reason, I have no worries about completing the swim and the bike, but it's that silly run. I know I have the physical wherewithal for it but my brain needs to get in the game. I'll have to start doing positive visualizations or something.

Anywho, right now I'm enjoying basking in the glow of a great swim (and a good bike even if it was on a stationary bike) and a great Gator win. (What's a Sooner anyhow?)

No comments:

Post a Comment