Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Biking in the Mist

Today is an exceptionally foggy day. I've never been in weather where it really was more like going through a cloud than just being foggy. About 3 minutes into my bike ride today I realized that was exactly what it felt like. The last time I felt that was when I went through a cloud while skydiving... but that was a lot faster than this. Within just a few minutes, my bike and I were covered in water droplets. A rather cooling and slimy feel to it. But today was a 1/2 hour bike workout so I wasn't in it for super long.

In looking at my training schedule for the week, it appears that this is a week concentrating on the swim bike aspect of the triathlon. Lots of swim bike bricks. Which is great because those are my favorite 2 sports of the tri, but not so great because the pool in the neighborhood is still cold (we tried to go this past weekend with the girls - the highs were in the upper 70s/low 80s, but the lows were in the 50s - and the pool was too cold to swim in), which means I'll have to do the bike portion of the bricks at the gym on a stationary bike. And for as much as I love biking on my bike, I pretty much detest the stationary bike because, well, it doesn't go anywhere and the scenery stays the same. But, a girl's gotta do what a girls' gotta do!

On the Angelfish & Ladybug front, Angelfish has entered the terrible twos, but her version consists primarily of just not listening to you and doing what she wants anyway. Ladybug had a great day yesterday with potty training but today refused to wear underpants. Ladybug has been listening very well lately and really adhering to the discipline rules that we set up for the house and have posted in the breakfast nook. Angelfish has her moments and did really well with sitting nicely in her chair this morning (which was much better than Ladybug... she never made it to the breakfast table and had to have her breakfast in the car on the way to school because it took her 40 minutes to get going - that's longer than I take!). Other than that it is officially back to the grind.

No comments:

Post a Comment