Friday, January 23, 2009

Feeling Peppy

So yesterday I got up the nerve to ask my dentist for a donation for Team in Training/The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and was told to email him the request etc. I haven't heard anything back yet, but I am emboldened. If he says no, he says no. There are worse things than being told no. With this new boldness, I am going to ask the place I get my hair done for a donation today as well. I plan to bring in a letter with me when I go. In fact, I may get down right embarrassing for Mr. Darcy because I'm going to print a bunch of letters so that every store we shop in for the next month or so I can ask for a donation. In case there are readers out there that I haven't hit up for a donation for THe Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, here's the deal. One of my best friends died in December of sarcoma and now I am doing an international length triathlon in her memory to raise money for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society for cancer research. If you'd like to donate, you may donate securely online at: http://pages.teamintraining.org/cfl/miatri09/kmartinmou You will receive an email confirmation of your donation (which is tax deductible), and I will be notified of your donation as well (thereby triggering me to write you a handwritten thank you note as I do not believe in email thank you notes).

Now back to the usual... potty training first this morning. It has been a frustrating week with the potty training. Ladybug did awesome this weekend. Saturday, no accidents. Sunday, one accident. Then a refusal all week to wear underpants or go to the bathroom in the potty at home... until this morning. She insisted on wearing blue underpants, in exchange she agreed to go pee pee in the potty... and pee she did! YAY! Let's hope that she continues to pee in the potty today. Angelfish also went pee in the potty this morning, but then refused to wear underpants. She asked me last night if I wear pullups too, and I told her no, Mommy wears underpants. Then Angelfish asked Daddy, and he said "no, I wear big boy underpants." To which she responded in a falsely low voice, "You BIG daddy!" It cracked us up. I am praying for potty training completion by the time they are 3, but I know that they will do it on their own time frame not mine (but I like mine better...)

This morning was a nice morning... the girls both woke up in good moods, which was delightful after Ladybug was a super terror yesterday morning telling both Daddy and Mommy she didn't want them and to go away while SCREAMING at the top of her lungs that she wanted to wear a dress and she didn't care if it was cold. This morning, she woke up and pretended to cook, salt and pepper her Little People Farmer. She cracked us up saying "I going to cut this little man and put salt and pepper on him." I got her to go potty by telling her that he'd be tastier if she let him marinate. : ) Then it was off to the gym (another place that I need to hit up for a donation), and a 20 minute bike followed by a 25 minute swim. 20 minute bike was just under 5 miles but I had to put the resistance level at 6 to get into zone 3 heart rate, so I probably could have gone a little bit farther. And the pool was good, I primarily worked on form while zone 3 swimming and swam 1000m, so more than 1/2 mile, but less than 3/4 of a mile. I really enjoyed the swim... it was invigorating and peaceful. I think it's something about how I breathe when I swim and the tempo of it all, not to mention the nice lapping of the water as I go... today it was a bit entrancing so that getting to the wall seemed like an interference. Whatever it was, I almost felt like the stress of the past few weeks melted away a bit... let's hope it stays that way!

Tomorrow is a tri-brick. 100 m warm up and 400 m swim, followed by a 50 minute bike, and a 10 minute run (well, walk run... I'm still babying these never ending shin splints). While these workouts like this are hard, I must say that I love them. There's something about finishing them that makes me happy... tired, but happy. And the plan is that after I get back from working out, we're going to head to Disney for the day (provided the girls keep being good listeners today and this evening), and then Mr. Darcy and I are going on a date after dinner with the girls. We're wild and crazy and plan to go bowling. Look out, Orlando! HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment