Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Remains of the Day and a Lovely Start to a Thursday

The Remains of the Day (Wednesday, that is)
As it turns out, Angelfish didn't eat her meat for breakfast either.  Mr. Darcy reported that she only drank her milk and refused her dinner as breakfast.  So we conspired that we would feed it to her for dinner again.  To truly get the point across.  Meanwhile, I got a call from daycare because Ladybug bumped her face against the corner of a shelf.  I talked to her on the phone because she was sitting right next to the woman who called at the time.  She didn't have much to say other than to tell me what happened.  Turns out she was nodding her head in response to my questions and even to "I love you." That'll teach me to ask yes or no questions!

Then it was back to work.  I have to say that I love the crockpot - all that cooking and simmering and making dinner while I work.  Of course the smells in the house made me hungry... I took a little bit of time as my lunch to do a 1/2 hour yoga video, and it dawned me that the reason the pushups were so hard yesterday was because I had just done Day 1 of Week 3 the day before.  Sigh.

Once the work day ended, it was off to gymnastics.  Angelfish and Ladybug are completely in love with gymnastics. Unfortunately, Angelfish also was in love with rolling all over the floor (and the gym equipment) and completely ignoring the teacher while waiting for her turn to do the next tumble, etc.  Ladybug was attempting to pay attention but would get distracted by Angelfish and act up a little too, but not nearly to the level of her sister. SO, we got someone from the front desk (we're not allowed on to the gymnastics floor) to go and retrieve Angelfish.  We made her sit out the rest of the class and then tell the Coach that next week she would be a better listener.  She cried alot.  But I hope we got our point across.

Ladybug on the other hand had a ball once sissy wasn't in class anymore.  She became a great listener and had lots of fun with the jumps and stuff they were doing.  Amazing what splitting them up can do.

And then we had dinner.  Angelfish ate the meat from the night before after dousing it in ketchup.  And then asked for chili like we were eating... and then refused to eat it.  So she was served it for breakfast and refused to eat it.  She'll be having chili tonight while the rest of us are having chicken!  You have to admire the child's tenacity, but little does she know that I'm probably where she got that stubborness and I'm old enough that I'm more stubborn than she is.  I can play this game for months!  As I've told Mr. Darcy before, it's a battle of the wills and as parents we have to be the victors. 

A Lovely Start to A Thursday
This morning I woke at 5 am and left the house a little later than I meant to, but I got to Lucky's Lake in time to meet Kelly (My Life as a TriMommy).  She is very sweet and we chatted away until we got started.  I already knew that she is speedy from her race reports and such, so I didn't expect to keep up with her.  Add to it that when I started swimming (and pretty much all the way until 1500m in to the swim) I realized that my arms are rather sore.  Especially my tricepts.  To the point that I realized I wasn't following through all the way on my stroke because when I did it hurt.  So, I forced myself to slow my pace a little and focus on my stroke.  And for some reason while my sighting was spot on, I was swimming straight for 3/4 of the way across the lake and then crazy swim.  I'm not sure if it was because my mind was much less of a whirlygig than it was the other day or if I was overcompensating for sore arms. 

The 3rd leg of my journey my sighting got off so badly I ended up swimming almost another 250 meters in the wrong direction... at the end of the leg.  And I wondered why that crossing was feeling so long!  But I laughed it off with an older guy that was sitting where I was supposed to be.  I felt badly for Kelly though because I knew she had to get back and was waiting on me.  In fact, as I was trying to cut off the conversation with the older guy for the 1st time, I saw her exit the swim.  A few minutes later I got him to stop talking to me.  (I'm not great at that.  I feel rude, unless it's someone that you get that feeling you don't want to talk to this person at all in the pit of your stomach, then I'm great at ending the conversation and memorizing what they look like and what they are wearing. I guess I'm good at self-preservation.)  And I swam as fast as I could across the lake, and had my best and straightest swim leg of the day.  2500 m done and done!

Kelly got to sign the wall during her wait for me, so luckily it wasn't too big of a wait on me.  And then we had someone take our picture.  Unfortunately, I forgot my camera on the kitchen counter when I left so the picture is on her camera.  She promises to post it on her blog and email me a copy.  I have to admit that I'm fearful of the idea of a picture of me in a bathing suit being in blogland, but it was such fun meeting Kelly that I'm going to get over it.  She was super sweet and hopefully if she's in town again another time we can meet up for another swim at Lucky's!

Let's hope the rest of my day is as good as the start!


  1. I would love to know what sort of things you make in your crockpot. The extent of my crockpotting is BBQ and stew. I need new any?!

  2. I love the crockpot, toss it all in and leave for work and come home to a dinner!!! Probably the best kitchen invention ever, followed by the food processor, though I tend to get carried away with that, anywhoooo.

    The shaking the head while on the phone was priceless.

  3. I never thought of making bbq in the crockpot. I may have to experiment.

  4. Want to watch live sex cams? Then check out BongaCams.