Friday, November 13, 2009

Still No Bike, But I Moved At Least

Yet another morning that I dreamt of, but did not get on, my bike.  We overslept this morning.  Looks like the alarm clock was set for PM instead of AM.  Probably some wishful thinking on Mr. Darcy's part.

He played tennis last night and won his match.  So that was a happy spot for him!  But he's always so exhausted afterwards.  I was asleep by the time he got home.  Wierd part is I don't even remember putting down my book and turning off the light on my nightstand.  I'm reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, and I love it.  I am a huge Jane Austen fan and picked it up to see how terrible it was, and it's really not.  I actually laugh out loud at a lot of it, and am pretty amazed at how seemlessly the zombie portion of the story fits.  So far my personal favorite was the fight scene when Elizabeth turns Darcy's marriage proposal down, and the bit about why Charlotte really marries Mr. Collins.  If you like Jane Austen or if you absolutely hate her books, I think you'd like this one.

Anywho. Where was I? Oh yes, oversleeping. We overslept to the point that I heard a door slam in the girls' room.  They were both up. Angelfish was "reading" a Clifford the Big Red Dog book and Ladybug was getting herself dressed (turned out she threw her pullup in the closet so our dog, Annie, wouldn't get it - thus the banging door).  Ladybug was insisting on privacy while she changed her clothes and Angelfish was insisting that I read her the book.  So we read the book with our backs turned so Ladybug's sense of modesty (which is rather new) was not offended.

Once Mr. Darcy and the girls (Ladybug had yet another raving fit, but this morning it wasn't until she was in the car.  Delightful child up to that point.  And her fit was because she wanted to take her jacket off while in the carseat.  Problem is, it was actually too cold for her to be without the jacket.) were in the car, I headed off on a walk because when I pressed down like I was cycling (or like I would if I was clipping in) my leg would hurt.  The irony is that the pain now is in the back of my quad near my knee, which is where the doctor said the calf muscles really begin.  My actual calf has a twinge here and there, but only at a super minor level.  But, if I get on the bike, I know I'm not going to want to stop even if it does hurt so I decided to be nice to myself and use my 30 minutes for good instead of "evil."

I walked for 2 miles before my leg hurt to a point that I figured I shouldn't go on.  I was happy.  I did the 2 miles at right around 30 minutes.  (I didn't wear a watch to keep myself from pressuring myself about it.)  I was booking it (walking wise), and it felt good.  I got the urge to run several times, but the little bit of pain I had in my leg was enough to get me to talk myself down from the ledge.  Of course, I had to do it by telling myself "run today, miss the 1/2 marathon."  I walked enough to break a sweat in weather in the 50's, so I was pleased.

This weekend is going to be a busy one (as usual).  We have the grocery shopping and such as usual, but Saturday I volunteer for a few hours at Junior League's Bargain Box, which is a second hand store that is completely run and supported (including with donations of clothes, housewares, and toys) by the League.  Then Sunday, I volunteer from 9:30 am to 1:30 pm at The Festival of Trees.  After this weekend, I'll try to slow it down some.  I usually spread volunteering out a little, but with the schedule we had this year, I kind of lumped it together.

I plan to get back into a more regular training schedule next week too. I definitely want to keep that up as much as possible during the holidays... because I love to bake with the Little Ladies this time of year! And this year, they're really into it!

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment