Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Racing For a Cure

I am training with Team in Training again to raise money for cancer research for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS)! I am racing in memory of my dear friend Angela King Kinder who passed away in 2008 after battling sarcoma, and for all who battle cancer. While LLS funds help stop leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma and myeloma from taking more lives, they also help other cancer types too. Many of the drugs developed by LLS have been beneficial in other cancer patients as well.

Team in Training has been an amazing experience for me.  It has has shown me there can be no rest until we find a cure for cancer. Here's one example: while training for the Ironman Augusta 70.3 with others from my TNT team, a woman left a napkin on my friend's car because it had a Team in Training sticker on it. The napkin said, "Thank you for racing with Team in Training. My son died from leukemia at the age of 6 in 1981." Had there been a cure, her son would have been my age today.

After that experience, I couldn't turn down another chance to raise money for a cure. Please help find a cure for cancer as I swim, bike and run for those who cannot. Together we can help cancer patients reach another birthday. Donate today!

You can donate online at: http://pages.teamintraining.org/cfl/anttry10/kmartinmou or you can email me and we can exchange contact information.  No donation is too small!

1 comment:

  1. TNT has changed my life for the better. I've completed 15 events with TNT. Disney 26.2 will be sweet 16. I'm still undecided if I'll do StA on my own or with the team's Long Island Chapter.

    I've gotten something out of each event and wish you success in raising funds, training, and racing. Maybe we'll even run into each other!

    ReplyDelete