Thursday, May 7, 2009

35 minutes on the bike trainer...

I wasn't able to get my allergy medication until this afternoon and I felt miserable - not sure if it was a virus or allergies - all yesterday and slept from 9 pm to almost 7 am this morning. So I did my ride on the bike trainer today while watching What Not To Wear, and wishing I was: 1) a participant on the show and 2) out on the open road with the crew down by the airport. It was only worse when I found out that Coach road a bike more expensive than my husband's car and popped a zip wheel... I would have liked to been there for that and to, of course, ogle the bike. And then Ryan did a sprint and got up to 30 mph! Go Ryan. The only time that's happened to me is when I am going down a very steep hill and is not of my own volition. Some day...

I miss the structured group workouts and am looking forward to next week when the morning schedule is a little freer and I can make it to those workouts again. I'm hoping for Lucky's Lake Wednesday for an open water swim and cycling near the airport on Thursday. Monday night pool workouts will resume the week of May 18th.

70.3 is on the minds of this household. This morning Mr. Darcy asked if I really thought I could do it or was it a waste of money to even try it. I told him that it was not a waste because while I can't say that I am capable today of doing the 70.3, I wasn't capable of doing the Olympic when I signed up for it either. But I want to train for it - I want to train 6 days a week for it, and 7 when I have to. I still promise the flexibility so that I won't necessarily be at every group training so that he can do things too, but I want to be able to do the 70.3 on September 27th. It dawned on me when we were talking about it that it will be almost exactly 1 year and 1 week from the date I started training for my first sprint triathlon. How amazing will it be to go from barely able to run to being able to do the 70.3 in essentially 1 year? I want that. I want to be able to say that I did that. So now, it seems, we are all on the same page in the household.

And now I can't wait to see what workouts are in store. Coach said she'd email them on Sunday. I get the whole recovery thing because you can't build on something already broken down, but I miss the intensity level with the training. Biking on the trainer for 35 minutes (I would have done 45 but got a late start) in a gear that I was pedaling at a 90 cadence with little effort is no longer a hard workout. I was sweating, but then I was inside and the air temp was 76 with no wind, and I was not out of breath. Tomorrow will be harder because it's a run... that's always harder for me - 30 minutes is easily doable though.

Got a haircut today. Went in and asked for something that makes my face look thinner. I love a hairdresser who tells you that you have a nice, thin face to begin with and you can tell that she means it. She did something slightly different with the style I already have because I told her I didn't want to go short short, and I think it's cute but it doesn't look much different. Of course, that's not necessarily a bad thing. Nothing would be worse than 2 weeks shy of your 12th wedding anniversary than your husband telling you he hates your new 'do.

The topic of the house on the munchkin front is Big Girl Beds. Ladybug wants her Big Girl Bed in the worst way. I guess the fact that she sees the mattresses out in the garage just waiting for her to get the green light on them is tough when you're 3. So the deal is that if she keeps her underpants dry at school during the day and she stays in her bed at night (in an attempt to cure her of climbing in our bed at 3 am) for the rest of this week, she can get her Big Girl Bed on Saturday. 2 Days until plastic sheets become part of my life. The same deal goes for Angelfish too, but I'm hoping she'll keep her underpants dry at night too. Can't throw that in the deal though because that's not part of Ladybug's deal - only because she can't keep a pullup dry at night yet while Angelfish can go the entire night in underpants. It's amazing how focused one can get on potty training. It may have something to do with the fact that another human's waste, no matter how cute the little human, is rather disgusting. I long for the day when they are potty trained both day and night and I dont' have to bring a diaper bag with extra clothes and extra underpants and pullups in case everywhere. Of course, that also means they'll no longer be my little babies but big girls instead. The double edge sword of growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment