Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The weather outside is frightful/delightful...

I have "Let it Snow" stuck in my head, which is pretty ironic since the weather here is a little chilly (in the 50s) but not cold and super sunny with blue skies. But, there are worst things to have stuck in one's head! Unfortunately for me, I heard the song over and over again through my entire swim at the gym this morning - an entire 3/4 of a mile swim with that song. I thought I'd be done with it and then the song would return. (I was running behind today so I had to cut something down a little... more on that in a moment.) You would have thought it would have been wiped clean during my 20 minute walk/run because I was listening to the gym piped in music.... which made me laugh because almost every song I heard had a running theme this morning. My left leg is rather painful today - it even hurt while swimming for a little bit. But I think the pool water (which was a little cooler than usual today) may have helped some... that reminds me... I have to ice my legs in a moment here.

As for why I was running late, well we slept later than we should have. It was a bit chilly this morning and Bill was cozy. While Mr. Darcy offered to wake the girls and get them ready himself, I like seeing my children's faces in the morning and I hate not getting to do it. Even on days when they are grumpy and hurt my feelings by telling me they do not want me. Yes, that's the stage they're in right now. They love Mommy one minute and then the next tell me "I don't want you. Go away." Angelfish was pretty easy this morning - as she is most mornings. She was cheery and wanted to be held and talked to and was happy to choose the shirt she wanted to wear and have some yogurt for breakfast. Ladybug was not. She did not want to get up and was grumpy enough that I told her to just join the rest of us when she was ready. A few minutes she appeared and was happy for a couple of minutes but strangely part way through changing her clothes she got mad at me for no reason and ran off and told me not to touch her. I ended up having to wrestle her into her shirt after which she pushed me and told me, "Go away. I don't want you. " and then she started pushing my legs (I was standing up) and told me "Go workout. I don't want to see you." So, I picked up my stuff and told Mr. Darcy that Ladybug was being extremely mean to me and that either she needed a time out or that Santa needed to be told that she was being mean to her Mommy. And I left. Luckily, somehow the hose was in the way of the garage door this morning so I couldn't close it and when I came back into the garage I heard poor Ladybug screaming, crying and banging on the door to the garage. When I opened it she grabbed me and gave me a big hug and kiss. I don't know if she was worried about Santa not bringing her a gift or if she really was upset that she hurt my feelings, but it was nice to be able to tell her that when she says she doesn't want me or that she doesn't want to see me that it hurts my feelings and makes me want to cry and to ask her not to do it again.

Never a dull moment when you have two 2 1/2 year olds with a big vocabulary and a detailed sense of what they want (or don't want)!

BTW, I heard on the radio that the high on Christmas is supposed to be 80. 80? Yes, 80. Insanity. Christmas is supposed to be cold so that you can hope for snow! Oh well. Shorts it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment