Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Cold Pool and Evil Ants

Today was a 30 minute swim and a 20 minute bike ride. It was great, but a little surprising. How? Well, this is Florida and it's been HOTter than I could have imagined. It's almost the end of October and the highs are still in the low 80's for goodness sake. I'm still wearing shorts and short-sleeved shirts and wondering when Fall is going to start... until I remember that I live in Florida now and there are two seasons - summer and spring. Last night the lows were in the low 60's and they were suggesting that people wear a jacket on the radio! (You just need a sweater... a jacket??) Anyway, the surprise was a nice cool morning and a rather cold swimming pool. So cold that when I dunked myself to try to acclimate a hair before starting I wondered if I was going to give myself a heart attack. Luckily, no heart attack.

Then, I got out of the pool and headed to the bike (not wearing contacts this morning so I was a bit blind). Only to discover that evidently my sneakers smell good to ants (I checked for snacks from the liliputians but found none) because I had to knock a ton of them off my shoes before being able to bike and one of them had the audacity to actually bite me! But the ride was good once I conquered the ant army...

Angelfish and Ladybug had their pictures taken at school yesterday and wore dresses to school that they picked out of their closet. Amazingly they coordinated with each other... they were really cute. Hopefully the pictures turned out well. I'll keep you posted. Ladybug wanted to wear her dress to bed last night, but when we told Angelfiah we were having pasta for dinner and she needed to keep her dress clean the next thing we knew she was running around in her pull-up shouting "I'm naked! I'm naked!" After dinner we played in the park across the street from our house - the girls were playing frisbee with us (if only I was about 2 feet tall, we might be able to get something going), and Ladybug kept telling us she wants to put on her bathing suit and go to the beach. This is day 3 of her talking about the beach, so we may try to head to Cocoa Beach this weekend (barring rain). That will be interesting, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment