Tuesday, October 28, 2008

BRRR...

It has gotten a little chilly in the mornings these days. We've hit that time of year that I remember from college.... it's chilly in the morning but by lunchtime it's warm again. SHorts with shirts and sweatshirts! You know it's bad when you go for your swim and the water is actually warmer than the air temperature (but thank goodness all the same because I almost didn't go through with it when I got down to just my bathingsuit, swim cap and goggles). I swam for 20 minutes and then ran for 20 minutes this morning.

Unfortunately, a late start gave me no time afterwards to get a good stretch in (although I did stretch some). I'm definitely seeing an improvement in my running. I was supposed to do an alternating 3 minute run 2 minute walk, but the first time I did it it seemed too easy so I just ran for the full 5 minutes the 2nd time around (and I felt like I could have run longer too...)

So why did I get a late start this morning? Miss Ladybug decided that she did not want to get dressed but instead wanted to sit on the counter in the bathroom and put lotion on (over and over and over again) and wanted to watch Mommy floss and brush. WHen I left the bathroom and turned off the light she demanded that I "come back to bathroom and turn on light"... having to stick to your guns with a 2 year old is very frustrating and makes you feel really mean. But, I eventually got her to the point where I could pick her up and tote her into the kitchen (the girls will be good athletes... they both are super strong and when they're having their fits where they kick you need to watch out!), and since Daddy had a meeting at UCF today he got to handle her from there while I worked out. Go Daddy! Angelfish on the other hand was happy to get dressed, see Daddy, Mommy & Ladybug and eat eggs (the girl is on an egg kick at the moment, but I'm not complaining! last week she ate 6 eggs over 4 days by herself!), play with Minnie and give Mommy kisses when she left. At least it wasn't a morning with 2 screamers!

Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm looking forward to Halloween on Friday! Ladybug and Angelfish can't wait to go "trick treat"... we'll see how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. Babe, I'm so proud of you for doing this! Having the discipline to swim in chilly water at 7am is truly impressive. Love you babe!

    ReplyDelete