For the first time in Blogland, I've been tagged... 10 Things that Make me Happy. So here it goes.
1. Angelfish and Ladybug and all their antics. You can't get anything better than hugs & kisses from girls wearing completely crazy outfits. (This morning was a blue skort with a pink and brown striped dress and a brown floral print shirt.)
2. Getting to spend time with Mr. Darcy without chores and parental duties. (He nice to be around during those other times too, but it's harder to be just us instead of being Daddy and Mommy.)
3. My girlfriends. We take care of each other and have fun.
4. Swimming. Good Lord I love to swim and have been missing it like mad. Good news is that I'll be getting my gym membership at LA Fitness back to supplement the local Y (which does not have a pool and the closest Y with a pool is twice as far away as the LA Fitness) so I can swim again. There are few things better than a good swim in this world.
5. The end of a run. I don't necessarily always enjoy my runs, but I love how I feel at the end of them.
6. Training for triathlons in general. It's one of the few times of the day that I am able to live in that very moment without thinking about what has to get done next and I enjoy the swim (did I already mention that), bike and sometimes the run.
7. People. Yeah, there are some jerks out there, but usually people are good. I love chatting people up and getting to know a bit more about them... and my life tends to be an open book, so it's not like I have anything to hide.
8. Ice cream. There are times when the best thing in the world is ice cream. No cone. In the bowl with a small spoon so it lasts longer (but served with a big spoon).
9. Sleeping in followed by reading a book in bed. It's a rare joy in my life, but that wonderful feeling of complete rest and relaxation and then getting to escape to another place mentally while still resting. Ahh.
10. Crossing the finish line at a triathlon. I always feel a huge sense of accomplishment, like I have just done something amazing. For me, it's not about where I am compared to everyone else who raced, it's whether I got it done in the way I wanted to get it done. And even when I don't (like crashing my bike or being slower than I hoped), I tend to learn something.
So now to tag others (I tried not to duplicate from those who have already done this)... I'm not sure exactly how this works but:
Sherry (A Woman in Motion)
Heather @ Run Faster Mommy!
Marci (Ramblings of a Running Addict)
Missy (Iron things...)