Thursday, August 5, 2010

Good News

Hello Bloggy Friends!  My Mom's surgery went super well yesterday.  She's not having much pain and at the follow up appointment this afternoon, they told her she looks great and is healing up already... and they removed the drain (yeah, they put one in yesterday afterall).  She's talking away, doing some upholstery knitting to make a shopping bag for a friend and is her usual self.  She's doing so good that I'm actually going to drive home after dinner tonight.... literally because they do not need me to do much of anything.  They are pretty much feeding me, letting me sleep and I've been working all day while sitting on the sofa with Mom.  So I decided to surprise the kiddies in the morning by waking them up, and to surprise Mr. Darcy in getting to see one another. YAY!

Another YAY is that the Y Tri Club starts with a "fun workout" not sure what that will entail and an informational meeting at 6:15 pm on Monday.  My sinus infection appears to be gone baby gone, and I'm looking forward to getting back in the swing of things.

I'm also excited because I'm getting involved with UF Law Alumni Council... which doesn't take up a ton of time but will benefit my alma mater and let me meet other Gator Lawyers in the area. Networking and a good cause, what more could a girl like me ask for! Tee hee.  I think I may be a compulsive "do gooder"...

But as a birthday gift to myself, my goal is to keep my evening calendar empty the entire week leading up to my actual birthday.  I do have something on the 24th, but it's the Jack Johnson concert for which I've had tickets to for MONTHS.  It's a bit of a treat for me, so I don't count that one as a meeting! Whoo hoo!

The only bad thing is the a/c in the mini-van went out on the way to the padres yesterday morning.  So it will be a rather warm drive home.  But I'm an endurance athlete.  I can endure anything for 2 1/2 hours, right? : )

See you all on the flip side!

2 comments:

  1. Great to hear your Moms procedure went well

    LOL, i been to "fun" workouts, mine have been that you dont puke in the first 5 mins, give it 10 mins instead

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo that sounds like FUN. I hope we puke!

    ReplyDelete