Sunday, January 13, 2013

No Color Run

Yesterday afternoon Angelfish took... A nap. I should have known that something was wrong. Two hours later, she emerged and the first words out if her mouth were, "Mommy, my eyes hurt." The only time my eyes have ever hurt are when I've had a high fever. Sure enough: 102.6 burning up. She also complained of her stomach hurting really bad and her throat was sore. Last year Angelfish had strep twice, and she has two grandfather's prone to getting strep, one of who had scarlet fever from it. Yet, I was hopeful. I told myself that maybe she'd be ok by morning.

So I set my alarm for 6:30 am and said I would check on her and if ok, I'd head to the color run, do the race then come straight home. At 4:30 am a little voice said out loud what my mind had told me would happen, "Mommy, I feel horrible." 103 temp,a raspy voice, a thick cough, sore throat, fast heart beat & fast breathing. So I gave her more Advil and looked up the time that the minute clinic and urgent cares would open. Wet wash cloth & snuggles.

No race, but definitely was where I needed to be. Turns out its a virus of some sort. And about 1/2 an hour after we got back from the minute clinic, Ladybug looked at me and said, "Mommy, my eyes hurt..." Her fever is not quite as high as Amanda's and she doesn't have the cough... Yet.

So I am upping my vitamin c, trying a cinnamon & honey home remedy and hoping that I'll stay well. My couch to Goofy training starts tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. I hope the youngins are feeling better

    The Goofy Challenge is on my bucketlist, I am not sure when I will do it.

    Good luck training for it

    Any tris on the horizon?

    ReplyDelete