Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday... Already?

What is that wierd hacking noise you ask? Only some odd cold that I have.  It's odd because I had a runny nose for a few hours and felt tired, and then woke up in the middle of the night after Ladybug kicked me on the hip bone and all of a sudden started hacking.  Which, in combination with my cardiology appointment this morning, cancelled this morning's workout... that hacking session where I tried not to pee my pants while hacking up the giant green glob convinced me that I should take the day off.

But we had a nice weekend... not much running got done, but there's always this week. I am optimistic.  Last week I got my 45 minute run in and my yoga, so that was good.  Friday I drove up to Gainesville and socialized first with law students and then with law alumni and some professors from UF Law.  By the end of the night my feet were killing me from my heels.  I need a pair that have a shorter heel.  I've deemed it so.  Saturday I was up early for our law council meetings and then wandered off with my friend Lauren and my lovely Mr. Darcy who turned 36 this weekend to the football game.  We won, but it wasn't pretty and it certainly wasn't looking good the first half.  Second half it was like they realized they could play football afterall.  And it was HOT.  So hot that I sweated clear through my clothes by the end of the 1st quarter.  Drank 4 bottles of water and did NOT have to pee until hours later, and poured water on my head only to have it evaporate before it even left the top of my head.  It reminded me of triathlon!

After that we caught up with friends of Mr. Darcy's (Mr. Darcy had spent Saturday morning with them... I have to admit I was surprised at their sobriety - I expected intoxication) for a little bit.  It was good to see the old guys Mr. Darcy hung out with in college.  Then we were off in search of food.  Ended up with a greasy burger and fries that for some odd reason tasted amazingly good.  Felt awful afterwards, but great while eating it.

Then we drove separately to Mr. Darcy's parents and saw the girls.  It was so wonderful to spend some time with the little ladies.  At bed time, I was so tired that I fell asleep with them in the guest room.  That Ladybug though, she's a bed hog.  And she kicked me 1st in the hip and then the knee.  I decided to save my joints and get up and that, dear friends is when the hacking began.  Not fair.

After birthday cake and party time for our niece and Mr. Darcy (4 and 36 respectively) we headed on home.  I drove the girls while they watched "Sleeping Beauty" followed by "Kung Fu Panda."  Along the way Angelfish told me I was "the most stupendous Mommy ever" and Ladybug figured out a way to wrap a beaded necklace around her hands so tightly that I had to pull over to untangle them - it was like she had on handcuffs.  If she didn't look so worried, I would have laughed my butt off right then and there.

Finally home, we skipped bath time and went straight to bed... okay, well, the girls went straight to their playroom and colored and we figured out ways to get them into their pajamas and then straight to bed.  This morning we all tried to pry ourselves out of bed, and I discovered Mr. Darcy failed to tell me that Ladybug had homework (yes, VPK homework) due this morning.  We decorated our fabric swatch with glitter and drawings in marker.  Not sure if that's what the teacher was looking for in "decorate this fabric swatch with your child and return"or not, but that's what we did.  Ladybug had her own ideas and didn't want my help anyway, although I successfully suggested a flower as part of her artwork.  Then it was off to the cardiologist.

When I got to see the doctor, he asked me what I had been doing differently.  I told him I hadn't really been running or anything in the past month or so but that I had cut out processed food from my diet as much as possible.  I thought he was going to tell me something bad, but he said that my VAP test was awesome.  My cholesterol was down to 113 and my particles were now large and buoyant again, and he was happy that my weight had gone down a bit too.  Go ZONE!  So I am charged with keeping it up, although he suggested I also go back to my exercising.  I told him that was the plan since I have a 1/2 Mary in November.  And then I coughed my lungs out.

Delta also messed with me today - moved my flights to visit my friend in New Hamshire to the point that it was ridiculous.  At 1st they told me that I would have to take crazy flights that would make me only be there for about 1 1/2 days out of what was supposed to be a 3 day visit when we 1st scheduled it.  Then they said that if I didn't like what they could give me they would give me my money back.  I asked if they could just change the flights for me to add another day and they said I'd have to pay change fees and all of that.  I hung up and said I'd call back.  I found flights that were cheaper than what I paid for but adding a day, so I called and told them to refund my flight, they sent me to another person who did what they should have done all along.  The last person waived the flight change fee because it was Delta's fault, and then refunded the $79 that was more than the flight they moved me to, and booked me on the new flight with a seat assignment.  So I went from being annoyed to being happy all in one fell swoop.

Our 1st HIP Kids event is tommorrow.  I'm pretty happy about that... although we still don't have an exact number for the group yet.  It's supposed to be around 15, but the director of the facility could only tell the other Co-Chair that parents have been signing their children up and that she'd have to figure out the exact number for us because she didn't know.  As long as kids are signing up... I had a nightmare a week or so ago that we had everything perfectly planned, but no children to attend.  In the dream there were reporters and all sorts of craziness too.  I doubt that will happen, but it's nice to have your subconscious soothed as well.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a speed set.  I plan to do it unless the hacking gets worse.... or I get a fever.  I am hoping neither of those occur.  This girl needs to run!

No comments:

Post a Comment