Monday, July 26, 2010

Sinus Infections and Other Fun

So last week I didn't feel that great.  Neither did Ladybug.  In fact, Ladybug spiked a temperature at school and had to stay home a bit.  Come this morning she was raring to go.  Meanwhile, I was worse for wear.  Not only was I now having the sweats, inner ear pain, and headaches that kept me from pretty much doing anything other than yoga last week, but now my entire brain felt like it would pop.

I have breakfast with the Mayor and the Junior League Executive Board tomorrow - turns out I may have to even talk a bit about our HIP Kids program which is pretty exciting.  Heck, I'm just as excited that I went and bought a suit dress and a cute chocolate brown blazer to wear over the top.  I actually look like I have an hourglass figure in the dress, so of course I had to buy it. 

With that in mind, it dawned on me around 10 am that perhaps I should see the doctor so I would not have to miss the breakfast.  They had cancellations, so I was in by 11 am.  The bad news: I have a very nasty sinus infection and now am on sudafed once a day, antibiotics twice a day, nasonex spray (2 squirts each nostril), and my regular clairnex. The good news: I've lost 11 pounds since starting my Paleo-Zone!  Whoo hoo!

It definitely motivated me to skip the ice cream that Mr. Darcy has been plying with me this past week.  Good thing the carton is empty.

Yoga it is for a few more days... and then I start the planned MWF run, spin, abs class, run and the TR yoga and body sculpt classes.  Saturdays will be either run or bike days.  If only my sinuses would cooperate!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss! I hope you all feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Paleo-Zone hybrid eating plan is WORKING! 11 pound weight loss is awesome, congrats! Feel better quick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ihate having sinus issues as well...i hope those pass sooner rather than later. The "MWF" plan sounds pretty good....kill it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the weight loss!
    I HATE sinus infections and get them all the time. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete