1. I try to stay apolitical in my postings, but today I found 2 things in the paper particularly shocking that I feel the need There are only 2 African American members in the US Senate and this is a "record." This blows my mind that a representative democracy still does not fully reflect its people, although it is better than 0. And second, Dempsey wants to fund arming the Syrian rebels. Everyone seems to forget that we make bad mistakes in funding rebels - anyone remember that during the Cold War the US funded a band of rebels called the Taliban who were fighting the Russians in Afghanistan?
Ok. I am off my soap box.
2. There are not enough hours in the day to do everything I want. Of course, I want to do a lot of things. Perhaps that's the issue.
3. I am looking forward to next week's Junior Leagues of Florida's State Public Affairs Committee Convention in Tallahassee. I'll be introducing a speaker, talking to legislators about healthy food access, human trafficking and literacy. Especially about healthy food access. And I'll be updating the group on our work and AJLI's work in healthy food access.
4. Then I return in time for Ladybug's crown 1 & 2. She told me at dinner last night that she is looking forward to being able to eat on both sides of her mouth like everyone else.
5. This morning's yoga kicked my booty. Tight hamstrings make life interesting. I am hopeful that one day I will be able to do down dog so that when my legs are straight my heels actually touch the floor.
6. Having a girls' weekend with Angelfish and Ladybug. Should be fun!
7. Any suggestions for a 5k on 3/30 or 2/23? Needs to be in driving distance from Orlando.